Monday

new york city and burning man and now los angeles

I went to New York City for the NO COLONY launch party. I had fun. I met many internet people, too many to name. They were all nice and funny and weird in a fun way and some said many interesting words (ZZZZdzszszszssz)

Then I went to the desert for three days for Burning Man. It was overwhelming. I'm happy I went. I had fun.

I'm really happy to be back in my quiet empty house in Los Angeles.

some words:

qualms

moving in reverse

belief system

i just licked a spoon i wasn't supposed to

UPDATE: I didn't miss the internet. OH NO.

8 comments:

Gallimaufry Girl said...

welcome back! was beginning to worry that you'd fallen off the planet or something. burning man sounds really awesome. :)

jereme said...

ken,

how is burning man these days?

i hear it has gotten kind of commercial and overcrowded compared to its infancy

i had a chance to go back in '94 but i turned it down. i can't remember why but i had a very valid reason at the time

or thought i did

Ken Baumann said...

joanna: thank you!

jereme: it was fun, i don't think it felt 'commercial' at all. it was definitely crowded.

Alyss Heart said...

burning man is amazing. i haven't been in forever, though.

qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqq said...

ttb is going to get mystic on you soon enough ken.

Michael Kimball said...

Great work on No Colony. My copy arrived yesterday and it's so full of great writing.

Unknown said...

hey
i remember you.
rec tennis at wylie.
funnnnnnn. :]

ryan said...

existential despair