Tuesday

new technology, limbo

I am micro-blogging now. It is okay that I say 'micro-blogging', do not be judgmental. I have a definitive idea of how to use this form of blogging to my advantage. All angles considered. Domination.

I haven't written a short story or poem in a couple of weeks. This feels okay. I've been swimming, almost every day for two or three hours a go. It feels good. Someone needs to write an 862 page novel about a professional swimmer. NYT Book Review: "Shockingly candid... we glide through, as if cutting across a wide swath of water... definitive."

I like this post by Jereme. My favorite sentence form the post: 'love is outward.'

I've submitted something to HERE EXPLODES MY GIANT FACE. I care more about this submission's acceptance than I do about 95% of previous submissions. Daniel: LIKE IT. If you don't, I will not be mad or upset.

I read God Jr. by Dennis Cooper. Blake said my novel reminded him of Dennis Cooper, but still not exactly. I liked God Jr. alot. Thank you Blake. $12k INTERNET DOLLARS.

New ebook from Lamination Colony. It threw me against a wall with smoke hands. Grab it before it's gone. I think it could not look any better.

I've redesigned this blog. I really like the current design. It will probably stay like this for 3-10 months.

I edited kenbaumann.com

Here is a letter I wrote.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi ken

ryan said...

the asian garry shandling

BLAKE BUTLER said...

did you like god jr? i haven't read that one yet. i hear its different than the erasure books of his i was thinking of when i read yours

BLAKE BUTLER said...

blog looks nice btw.
glad you like the ebook.

giant face explosion said...

ken, it's submitted. i will post the video in a day or two. i want to give each video a couple days on the front page before posting a new one.

jereme said...

i look forward to the video.

i am working on a couple too but i think i am being too obsessive. editing is a bitch.

i am happy you liked that post. i think love truely is outwards.

DB said...

i said, "submitted," when i meant "accepted." i like the letter you wrote, btw.

Josh Maday said...

i like the new design. it is blinding. you are dominating the world.

today i saw an infant that looked just like gary shandling walking a grown man down the street. the man dragged behind him a bicycle that was attached to his anus.

Ken Baumann said...

blake: i liked it yes. hmm, erasure, i need to do them. thanks.

daniel: yes, thank you, i'm excited.

josh: $15k internet dollars

Gallimaufry Girl said...

Well, after lurking for awhile, I've decided to comment.

I stumbled upon your blog - via a Google search - after seeing your work on The Secret Life of the American Teenager (though, at 20, I'm a bit too old to be in the target audience). Your portrayal of Ben has been truly compelling, and you bring such a humanity to a character that could have been quite wooden and unbelievable.

So, yes. I don't mean to be scary or anything, I guess I just wanted to let you know that I think you've also written some really thought-provoking pieces. They intrigue me, and your willing self-expression encourages a fellow non-"writer" like myself towards more honest daily expressions of who I am and the stories I feel compelled to tell. Thanks!

Ken Baumann said...

joanna: thank you very much. i'm glad you've found a source of encouragement in my writing.

Tao Lin said...

your font seems smaller than mine now

i don't know what to do

*anxiety*

Ken Baumann said...

tao: hmmm. i think my font size is the smallest 'practical' font size. i like your font size.

'comparing font sizes'