Sunday

Blogging and Brevity

I feel myself moving away from this blog, toward this blog. All look-at-me-daddy aside, I'd like to be able to do my internet blabber game/discuss with others, so if you haven't already, CROSS THE LINE.

I'll keep this thing going for longer, breathy stabs, but I'm trying to communicate with this in mind:

If I had more time, I would have written a shorter letter.
-Marcus T. Cicero




Books Buying Books Buying Buying

Somebody needs to hold my hand and walk me to the library. Seriously. I have purchased some fifty books in the past thirty days, it adds up, erk. At the moment I'm sitting in my office. My bookshelf is full, space above the books full of books, piles of books up to my navel, more boxes every day from Amazon. Hey I guess compulsive book buying is better than As Seen on TV Binges/Crack Addiction. It's certainly heavier.




Something A Little Expansive

I think it's important that someone who really loves you live within a 30 minute drive. I won't expand on that.

3 comments:

Ben Spivey said...

I might have to start this twitter thing...

The Stranger is beautiful and unforgettable.

House Of Leaves is a interesting exercise in form and typesetting but I think that the story could have been stronger.

Ken Baumann said...

Try Twitter. Sounds dumb, feels good.

I agree about The Stranger.

House of Leaves, upon subsequent rereadings, is best if the Johnny Truant story is skipped.

don't bother knocking said...

I have a Twitter, I have yet to understand the appeal. Maybe I am an amateur.

The Stranger comment is something I also agree with.